Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Dragon

3 posters

Go down

Application: Dragon Empty Re: Application: Dragon

Post by Dragon Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Hello guys / gurls(if they exist)...
The reason i'm applying for Slak is i see many active & friendly ppl in the clan. I usually play alone without clans but joining a group and having fun with them is a good thing to do (social wise).
Here some info about me and if you want to know more please feel free to ask...
I'm level 55 (done it without cheats or help).
Favorite weapons: G3 and Mk4 Carbine. and stometimes Barrett .50cal
Red dot is my favorite! I have it on G3 and Mk4.
I use deep impact, double tap, stopping power and steady aim. For sniper i use iron lungs and sleight of hand.
I'm also good with claymores, i guess!
My name in Garena is Th3Dr4g0n and the same in CoD4...
Th3Dr4g0n = TheDragon but since i'm a programmer i like to complicate things a little.
About the maps... For me, all good but i really hate camping maps.
@UntriggereD: Mind you own business mate Razz
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Application: Dragon Empty Reply to dragon

Post by WingsOfDomain Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:31 am

Truly... I love your reason to why you want to join the clan. And I think I can remeber your ingame name actually.. however I can't remember how you played so I would like I see you play some SnD HC...you can either join one of our servers (and tell me or untriggered to watch your skills) or you can record a video and send it to me/untriggered.
WingsOfDomain
WingsOfDomain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Heres a demo from the MIX RKZ SLAK ^^ With dragon but its a record of me
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J23RIKJ8

Heres Th3Dr4g0n :
http://www.4shared.com/file/221415825/c321d87e/Slak.html

Download it, watch it and comment and well see if he makes it to slak Smile
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

https://slak-clan.forumsv.net Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by WingsOfDomain Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Dragon wrote: Well, me and UntriggereD had some fun yesterday... he kicked my ass though Very Happy
I'm gonna start playing now and i'm always playing in 1.7 Europe Room 01. If you find me there, add me to your contact list and talk to me Wink

I have watched the the demos.... and I am not sure yet. Hwoever you are not completly retarded. I think I want to play a cw with you... 3vs3 or something. If you could join TS it would be great.
WingsOfDomain
WingsOfDomain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 am

WingsOfDomain wrote:I have watched the the demos.... and I am not sure yet. Hwoever you are not completly retarded. I think I want to play a cw with you... 3vs3 or something. If you could join TS it would be great.

Good to know that i'm not totally a retard LOL. Well, i know i'm not as good as most of you guys but i know i can do some damage Very Happy
It's totally fine by me to play 3vs3 or even 1vs1 Razz so i'll get the TS and contact you as soon as i go home (i'm currently at work).

By the way and regardless if i'm gonna be accepted or not, if you guys need some flash clips to add to the forum or you want to do some photoshop work please let me know.
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WingsOfDomain Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Dragon wrote: Good to know that i'm not totally a retard LOL. Well, i know i'm not as good as most of you guys but i know i can do some damage Very Happy
It's totally fine by me to play 3vs3 or even 1vs1 Razz so i'll get the TS and contact you as soon as i go home (i'm currently at work).

By the way and regardless if i'm gonna be accepted or not, if you guys need some flash clips to add to the forum or you want to do some photoshop work please let me know.

Well...we are not in a hurry right? Cuase I am not sure if I can play until the weekend. hopefully I can play some on wednesday but I am not sure. But some things you can think of....

Exclamation You don't seem to have realized that there's something called sound in cod4. When playing TDM with many players or something like that sound doesn't matter that much cause there's to much noise anyway. However I play with headphones and dead silence. It makes me hear every little step enemies/friends do and I get a good advantage from that. I could learn you more about that later...But keep this in mind...
If you crounch, prone, or are aiming down the sight you will not make any noise at all. You can makle your own server and test that...

Exclamation Keep an eye out for your friends an espacially the one carrying the bomb. Try to help him plant.... watch those spots he can't watch but do not stand too close to him. When defending...be sure no bombsite is left unprotected. This is a situation a saw from a demo...

You and thrash is walking in a close quarter between two houses (strike). Suddenly a marine appears and you try to shoot him but miss. You walk back to take cover while reloading. Thrash kills the marine, but when you have reloaded you jump out and tries to shoot the body....which...is already dead. Your friend have already killed the target take it easy and cover his back or something.
We are a team... a clan. We play together....for fun. Very Happy

Exclamation You don't seem to use lean, crounch or prone? Sometimes it might be useful. Think of it.

However I don't beleive this is too hard for you to understand in enough time. And it is not deadly important all slak members doesn't know about this either (/take advantage from it). So don't beleive you tickle when reading this..... The word tickle is a replacement for this one...
http://techbuddha.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/you_suck.jpg The forum censors it automatically...
WingsOfDomain
WingsOfDomain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

I do lean, crounch and prone but maybe the demo didn't cover that Very Happy
I think you are right about using dead silence... I realized it is so useful since i run a lot.
Thanks for your advice, i'm gonna start upgreading my skills based on your words Wink
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WingsOfDomain Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Dragon wrote:I do lean, crounch and prone but maybe the demo didn't cover that Very Happy
I think you are right about using dead silence... I realized it is so useful since i run a lot.
Thanks for your advice, i'm gonna start upgreading my skills based on your words Wink

woah....in some years.. I will be famous. People will be like:

-How did you became so pro?
-I am been a disciple of master Wings!!!! WARGWHARGWHGHAW!
WingsOfDomain
WingsOfDomain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:52 pm

New DeMo!
http://www.4shared.com/file/223469437/524703f6/Dragon1.html
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Dragon for how long have you played?
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Been playing since CoD2 but stopped for years and started playing again CoD4 a few months ago. Why UntriggeD? Razz
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Dragon wrote:Been playing since CoD2 but stopped for years and started playing again CoD4 a few months ago. Why UntriggeD? Razz

I was curious and would like to know for how long you've played compared to your skill-level. (not bad ^^)

Another question: What graphic settings are you playing with? High, low, med? Powerful PC? Laggfree?

Some tips:
I watched the latest demo and noticed that you could improve your aim a bit. I recommend that you join a non-s&d game (TDM, SAB etc) and practice your aim.

Double tap m4: Hmm... the double tap on your m4 forces you to reload very often I'd recommend Stopping power as a second Perk instead to eliminate this problem but to still do much damage.

As mentioned before you need to be a little bit more observant. A few times on the Demo i noticed enemies on the screen before you did but I guess you will get better on that with time.

Clay tip: After planting a clay press "knife button" to be able to faster move after plant by aborting plant animation.

Round start: Hold W and Shift before the round start to give yourself an extra speed boost when round starts.

Gun recommendation: If you are trying new weapons avoid the Mp44 and G36. Statistically these guns are bad BUT if you really find them good and plays good with it keep it on. ^^
Ak47 (no attachment) this weapon does the same damage as a G3 (1 shot kill) but does it fully automatic.
Stopping power will make a bullet almost ensure 1 shot kill.
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 am

I got a mid-high PC... VGA 512, Ram 4 GB, processor Dual core 3 GHz, and 1 MB DSL connection. I'm lag-free in case the host is not downloading prono or something Very Happy
My ping is always between 100 and 200, some times a little more and sometimes less. Depends on the host.
I'll try the tips you gave me, some of them i already know but there are some other stuff that i didn't know about.
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 am

New demoZ
http://www.4shared.com/file/240276071/9c9c02fa/demos.html
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Dragon wrote:New demoZ
http://www.4shared.com/file/240276071/9c9c02fa/demos.html

Nice demo Dragon.
I can see that you have improved your hearing and aim in the game.

Im gonna talk to my guys about your application once again ^^

I noticed some flaws that might not be hard to fix.

1. Have awareness over the Killbox if you hear gunfire nearby check the box if your friend died and prepare for the enemy. (It might just been a scenario where you weren't playing that serous so sorry if it was Smile )

2. When in prone waiting for an enemy dont move so much focus on hes footsteps and be ready to shot when he comes.

3. some settings that helps my gameplay

/cg_fov 80 This command changes the field of view. It increases actually how much you see. In the demo in some occasions there were times i saw an enemy but you didnt it might be cause of this.

/r_drawdecals 0 This command removes unnecessary things on the map and make it easier to spot enemies.

/seta waypointiconheight "14"
/seta waypointiconwidth "14"

Makes the bombsite icons smaller to block less of the view.

Last edited by Untriggered on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Woot... Now that was helpful Untri, thanks a lot!
How come you didn't tell me about these things before? Razz
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Ok it's decided!

Wings and i came to the conclusion that you are worthy of joining our clan. Smile
Put the tag [SlaK] in your name and get TS2 if you don't have it. (we mostly use it in cws so its not always online)
We hope that you will continue to improve with us.

Welcome to SlaK Dragon! Smile
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 am

Untriggered wrote:Ok it's decided!

Wings and i came to the conclusion that you are worthy of joining our clan. Smile
Put the tag [SlaK] in your name and get TS2 if you don't have it. (we mostly use it in cws so its not always online)

Thank you guys, i already turned Aces down when they asked me to join three days ago coz i had the feeling i'm a Slak not Aces Very Happy
We'll meet soon but plz add me to your friends list coz i re-installed garena and lost all my contacts.

Nickname: Th3Dr4g0n

Which one is better? [Slak]Dr4g0n or [Slak]Th3Dr4g0n or [Slak]Dragon? i feel like [Slak]Th3Dr4g0n but what do you think? Razz
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Untriggered Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Dragon wrote:
Untriggered wrote:Ok it's decided!

Thank you guys, i already turned Aces down when they asked me to join three days ago coz i had the feeling i'm a Slak not Aces Very Happy
We'll meet soon but plz add me to your friends list coz i re-installed garena and lost all my contacts.

Nickname: Th3Dr4g0n

Which one is better? [Slak]Dr4g0n or [Slak]Th3Dr4g0n or [Slak]Dragon? i feel like [Slak]Th3Dr4g0n but what do you think? Razz

Very Happy
Go
[Slak]Th3Dr4g0n ---> [SlaK]Th3Dr4g0n
Big S and K
Untriggered
Untriggered
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WingsOfDomain Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Well welcom to slak dragon. I think your nickname should be: [SlaK]Pinkdragon to avoid be called ga'y..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
WingsOfDomain
WingsOfDomain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

WingsOfDomain wrote:Well welcom to slak dragon. I think your nickname should be: [SlaK]Pinkdragon to avoid be called ga'y..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks Wings.. The PinkDragon doesn't seem to be g.ay at all, i agree with you Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
CW Moderator
CW Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down